Support and Services Available Through the SVRC
The SVRC has a qualified, experienced and committed staff who, in many cases, have dedicated their working life to the education of students with vision impairments.
Services are available to school communities, the family and the students themselves. Support and services include:
- assessment for eligibility for additional support due to vision by a team including Paediatric Ophthalmologist, Orthoptist, Specialist Educators and Psychologist
- professional development focusing on support to students with vision impairments including hands-on workshops in access technology, training videos, web-conferencing and other on- and off-campus options
- professional support for Visiting Teachers and school personnel e.g. VCE and curriculum
- production of student learning materials in alternative formats i.e. braille, large print, etext or audio – see catalogues
- development of curriculum materials focusing on areas of the Expanded Core Curriculum for students with vision impairments eg braille, careers, low vision aids
- The Bulletin – our fortnightly newsletter available online which features upcoming training, product reviews, and news from the field of vision impairment
- educational programs including:
- camps and activities including support for Space Camp in the USA
- family support – for parents and carers
For more information, please contact us.