Educational Activities, Celebrations and Excursions
Below are examples of one-day activities that have been conducted or supported by the Statewide Vision Resource Centre:
- Big Arts Day – Art and music excursions as part of the SVRC Support Skills Program – Big Arts Day 2011, Big Arts Day 2013, Big Arts Day 2014.
- Big Arts Picnic – social activity for staff of the SVRC, VTs and families – Big Arts Picnic 2015
- Braille in the Community – see examples of surprising and/or useful places that braille can be found – Braille in the Community
- Careers Day – a day for students and family members – Careers Day 2011
- Circus – Iseek Join the Circus 2012 (organised by staff of South Western Victoria Region)
- Dot Power – intensive instruction in contracted braille and tactual graphicacy held termly for students in preschool to year 3 – Dot Power
- Expo of Access Technology – held every year on the last Monday of November at the Statewide Vision Resource Centre, Expo is an extravaganza of access technology for students (and others) with vision impairments – all welcome, so come along!
- In the Drivers’ Seat – information coming soon!
- Skill Power – hands-on workshops in access technology – see Skill Power
The Statewide Vision Resource Centre has also organised or assisted in the organisation of a number of overnight and overseas camps including:
- Great Victorian Bike Ride – conducted for several years – (information coming soon)
- Space Camp – international space and science program held annually in the USA – Space Camp
We love suggestions, particularly from students – so if you have an idea for an activity, please contact us!