Dot Power Songs
At Dot Power we sing songs as a focus for learning specific braille contractions or concepts and to introduce and revise the day’s theme. Play or download the following songs (mp3) sung by the Dot Power Choir, many of which have been written/arranged by Lea Nagel:
- Are you sleeping? – featuring YOU (dots 1,3,4,5,6)
- Echolocation – using sound to give information about the environment
- Fruit salad song – featuring LITTLE (dots 1,2,3 dots 1,2,3)
- I am a music man – featuring CAN (dots 1,4)
- How do you do? – featuring DO (dots1,4,5)
- Muffin man – featuring THE (dots 2,3,4,6)
- Paralympics – hopefully, in 2020 or 2024 we’ll see our Dot Power students competing at the Paralympics!
- Pirate man – featuring WILL (dots 2,4,5,6)
- Pizza – featuring LITTLE (dots 1,2,3 dots 1,2,3) & OF (dots 1,2,3,5,6)
- Postman – featuring AND (dots 1,2,3,4,6)
- Potato soup – from the “Stone Soup” day
- Put it – action song from the “Let’s Move” day – “Take your… (finger and put it on your nose)”
- The magic hat – song about Andy the rock star – with sound effects from the students!
- What is it? – featuring IT (dots 1,3,4,6)
- What would you like to do? – featuring LIKE (dots 1,2,3)
- Wheels on the bus – featuring GO (dots 1,2,4,5)
Words with chords for guitar are available for some of the above songs as a pdf.
If you would like more information, please contact us.