The Statewide Vision Resource Centre conducts a program of hands-on workshops during the year for class and subject teachers, integration teachers and aides, therapists, family members and Visiting Teachers.
The workshops are conducted by staff of the SVRC and/or by staff of partner organisations who are specialists in a particular item of technology and/or other area of the Expanded Core Curriculum.
We are able to offer many of these sessions via video-link or web-based conferencing software (online learning) – please be in touch!
The following sessions generally appear in the annual Skill Power program:
- Braille Maths & Tactual Graphicacy
- Braille Music
- Computer without the Mouse
- Duxbury Translation and Embossing
- Electronic Magnification
- iPad – accessibility, connectivity etc
- Mac and iOS accessibility
- Ozzie Dots – beginning braille
- Pearl & OpenBook
- Setting up the Computer for LV Users
- Victor Reader
- Vision Impairments eg Albinism
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please request a session!
- Skill Power workshops are held at the SVRC
- Skill Power workshops are free of charge (please BYO lunch)
- BYO your laptop with the software loaded OR the item of technology if possible
- Registration is essential – occasionally a program is cancelled at short notice and we’d like to make sure that we can notify you!
For more information, please contact us.