Papers and Presentations
This page contains links to resources, presentations and handouts from Professional Learning activities conducted at the Statewide Vision Resource Centre.
Educational Support for Students with Vision Impairments – 2016
- Educational Support for Students who are Blind – booklet by staff of the SVRC
- Educational Support for Students with Low Vision – booklet by staff of the SVRC
- The Vision Impaired Child In Your Classroom – Individual, Social and Family Perspectives by Geoff Bowen, Educational Psychologist
- Art for Students who are blind or have low vision – Michael Donnelly, SVRC Art Teacher (PDF)
- Cortical Vision Impairment – Annette Godfrey-Magee, SVRC Education Officer (PDF)
- Educational Support for Vision Impaired Students with Additional Impairments – booklet (pdf)
- The EMU book: A curriculum for using an Electronic Magnification Unit – Marion Blazé SVRC Education Officer
- Magnification in your pocket – Marion Blazé, SVRC Education Officer (PDF)
- Media Options – What to use, when? – Marion Blazé, SVRC Education Officer, (Powerpoint)
- Nystagmus – Marion Blazé, SVRC Education Officer (PowerPoint)
- Preparing Future Graduates (Who Happen to be Blind) – staff of the SVRC (PDF)
- Starting at Special School – Marion Blazé, SVRC Education Officer, SPEVI Day 2013 (Powerpoint)
- Penny Rosenblum (2014) including:
- Developing braille literacy skills for young children, dual readers, and children with additional disabilities
- Social skills
- When you don’t drive due to vision loss
See also the SVRC Professional Learning Calendar.
Presentation: Including Students with Vision Impairments in Physical Education
Emily White of SVRC presents on ways students who are blind or vision impaired can be included in a school’s physical education program.