Students with Vision and Additional Impairments / Complex Learning Needs
Students with Low Vision
- Cortical Vision Impairment – Annette Godfrey-Magee, SVRC
- More information coming soon!
Braille and Tactual Development
- Early Art Experiences for the Tactual Learner – some ideas to promote early tactual learning using art materials
- I Do Like It – a braille reading program developed by Tricia d’Apice which uses repeated reading of short sentences made up of word signs to allow the student to gain confidence and speed in reading braille
- Mangold Braille Programs – sequential program to develop tactual skills and letter and word recognition for beginners
- Ozzie Dots – developed by staff and volunteers of the Statewide Vision Resource Centre, this is a fun and light-hearted resource to introduce contracted braille and tactual graphicacy to young braille readers
- Recipes for Tactile Development and for FUN!!! – make play dough, slime, goop, finger paint, scratch-and-sniff paints and more!
- Tactile Books and Games – make tactual resources cheaply and easily!
- Tactile Defensiveness – information about children who are tactile defensive and ideas for sensory programs
- Tactual Awareness Activities – for students with vision and additional impairments – ideas for sensory stimulation (or experimentation) in the areas of touch and taste
- The Tactual Learner with Additional Impairments – some ideas for junior and senior students and ideas for making the classroom tactual
- Tactile Markers – ideas for how to mark tactually on braille work e.g. answers to multiple-choice questions – for student’s own correction and teacher feedback
- Tactile Symbols Directory – concrete representations developed for students who are totally blind developed by the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- The Tactual Learner – overview and resources
- Tips for Promoting Braille Literacy Skills – lots of ideas from specialist vision educators
- What is Braille? – links to the braille code and other resources
- WonderBaby – includes articles, reviews, ideas, resources etc for families and educators
- iPads for Low Vision Students including Students with Additional Disabilities
- Spectronics – supplier of software, switches etc
For more information, please contact us.