Braille and Braille Technology
The following list of tutorials and quick guides relate to using braille and braille-related technologies.
Introduction to the Perkins Brailler
Duxbury Braille Translator
Introduction to creating a braille document using Duxbury translation software.
Quick Guides and Cheat Sheets
- BrailleNote Apex: Handy key commands – one page summary including reading and editing, use of braille display and voice, importing and exporting
- BrailleNote: Connecting to a PC – by Lea Nagel and Cam Phillips, 2014
- BrailleNote: file conversion – steps to convert files from BN native files to Word files by Lea Nagel,
- BrailleNote: Skills checklist – basic commands, word processor, editing, voice settings by Leigh Morrison, 2013
- BrailleNote: Preparing etext for the BN by Lea Nagel, 2008
- BrailleNote: Tips for using the BN for French by Ramona Mandy
- BrailleNote: Viewing a BN’s visual display wirelessly from Humanware, 2014
- BrailleNote & iPad: Using wireless to get a visual display of the BrailleNote on the iPad (includes BN iOS bluetooth connection and command list) by Lea Nagel, 2015 (pdf) – also available as a braille file
- BrailleNote/iPad: Using wireless to get a visual display of the BrailleNote on the iPad by Lea Nagel, 2015 (pdf)
- Mountbatten in the Classroom
- Mountbatten and a Computer to Emboss Documents
- Mountbatten: Useful commands
- One handed braille production
- Preparing text for embossing in braille: Pearl Camera + OpenBook to Word to Duxbury by Lea Nagel, 2014
See Tutorials and Quick Guides for more.