This page contains tutorials and quick guides for Microsoft Windows, apps, accessibility options and software. It contains text, audio and video tutorials.
Basics of Windows
- Windows Basics – video tutorials (coming soon)
- Changing the Mouse Pointer Size and Colour
- JAWS Basics – video tutorials
- JAWS Keyboard Checklist – a checklist to work through with your students – includes commands for Word, internet, email and other apps.
App Guides for Windows
- Audacity Basics with the Keyboard (Windows & Mac)
- Audacity with JAWS (PDF) – recording and saving audio files by Lea Nagel, 2015
- Dolphin Guide: Checklist (PDF) for students with low vision by Helen Caldow, 2012
- Dolphin Guide: Checklist (PDF) for blind students by Helen Caldow, 2012
- DAISY: Checklist for basic skills (PDF) by Deb Lewis, 2011
- NVDA Getting Started (PDF) – favourites selected from the NVDA help menu by Lea Nagel, 2015
- Tips for preparing handouts for students with low vision (PDF) – by Sam Oxley, 2012
- Tips for using interactive whiteboards (PDF) – by Sam Oxley, 2012