Tutorial: Windows 10 Magnifier
Magnifier is a part of the Windows 10 Ease of Access group of features that are designed to make Windows easier to access for everyone.
Magnifier has come a long way over the years and the latest implementation in Windows 10 has some very useful features.
Let’s take a look.
There are several ways of starting Magnifier in Windows 10.
Start Via the Start menu:
- Press the WINDOWS key to open the Start menu
- Type Magnifier and press ENTER
Start Via Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press WINDOWS+PLUS
Start Via the Ease of Access Dialogue Box:
- Press WINDOWS+U
- On the left hand side of the Ease of Access dialogue box, choose Magnifier
- On the right hand side – choose ‘On’ for Magnifier
- You also have other options here for Invert Colours, Tracking and whether the Magnifier starts at login.
- Once finished, press ALT+F4 or click on the X in the top right corner to close this dialogue box.
Magnifier Keyboard Shortcuts
- Use WINDOWS+PLUS to enable the Magnifier
- WINDOWS+PLUS and WINDOWS+MINUS will increase and decrease magnification respectively
- WINDOWS+ESCAPE closes the Magnifier
- CTRL+ALT+I Inverts the colours
- CTRL+ALT+F makes magnification full screen
- CTRL+ALT+L gives you a lens
If you like inverted colours without any magnification – then just do the following:
- Press WINDOWS+PLUS to turn on the Magnifier
- Press WINDOWS+MINUS to reduce the zoom level so there is no magnification.
- Press CTRL+ALT+I to turn Invert Colours on.
- Then all you need to do from here is press WINDOWS+PLUS to turn on invert colours and WINDOWS+ESCAPE to turn it off. What you are actually doing is turning the Magnifier on and off.
To adjust the Magnifier’s settings:
- Click on the Gear icon on the Magnifier’s control panel
- Select the settings you want.
- Click on the X or Done to close the dialogue box.
The Magnifier is a very power utility that can really help to make Windows more user friendly without having to install third party software.