Statewide Vision Resource Centre
SVRC and COVID 19
All SVRC programs are cancelled until further notice. SVRC will be closed to visitors for the school holidays. We have communicated with relevant people about professional learning activities, Educational Vision Assessment Clinics, the Support Skills and Dot Power programs. You will receive further communications, when these activities resume, or if we are able to provide some activities online.
The staff at SVRC will continue to produce alternative format materials, to the best of our ability. We have spent the past week trialling working from home, with a skeleton staff on-site. We are also making arrangements for equipment to go home for ‘hard copy’ production of braille and tactile diagrams. This will be required if we are all to work from home and close SVRC.
Please contact SVRC via email, in case there is no-one onsite to answer the telephone.
For alternative format requests or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Support Skills and Dot Power: email@example.com
For general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the staff or SVRC, we wish you all a happy but very different school holiday and hope you all stay safe and well!!
The Bulletin is our online newsletter, including recent news, upcoming events, teaching advice, useful resources, stories and reflections. If you’d like to subscribe just complete the form below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Assessing student eligibility through our Educational Vision Assessment Clinic (EVAC)
- Transcribing learning materials into accessible formats
- Providing professional learning opportunities for teachers and allied professionals
- Teaching the Expanded Core Curriculum through our student programs
- Lending specialised equipment to schools through our Vision Technology Library